GR-Research info & import duties

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faba1979

Reaction score
I went down another rabbit hole this week and was about to pull the trigger last night before sanity kicked in and thought I'd ask for some advice from the forum.

I am looking to upgrade my current speakers (KEF Q350) and was initially tempted by the ProAc Response DB3 (second hand) or Spendor A1.

Due diligence research was performed with the obligatory pinches of salt when I came across this US company, GR-Research.

1) Does anyone on the forum have any experience with the X-LS Encore speaker? Are they as good as the reviews suggest?
2) What can be expected in terms of importing the kit (drivers & crossovers only)? They estimated shipping cost around $200, but I've no idea on import duties and other related costs landed on my doorstep.

The kit, with a few upgrade parts, is going to cost in the region of $550 (R8,800).

Any info on the speakers and advise on the import cost would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks