Finally, AE Aegis Evo One Cab Rebuild

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terra

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Okay, so finally after a whole year of 'hierdie naweek, nee, volgende naweek miskien' I got round to start to rebuild the cabs of my AE's.

I bought them all busted up as the previous owner dropped them and abused the cabs so that the vinyl wrap started peeling quite bad and the timber has some dents. Somehow the Xover cracked on the one speaker but that was repaired by bridging the crack. Luckily all the rest of the components are in a good nick!

My initial thought was to try and copy Sonus Faber speakers, but got to realize that this would be a monster undertaking and I would rather spend the money and time on my Visatons one day.

So, the start, thank you once again 'The Board Store' in Durbanville for the high accuracy cuts!

Internal Bracing sheet cut and prepped

Bit by bit gluing together with my hand built hydraulic press.

After a few hours, ready for the woodoc to go on. Good couple of days ahead for this..

For those of you who remember my Visaton build, the final render will be the same look except the black front baffle will be also woodoc, ebony instead of aerosol black matte. I want the full cab polished when I'm completed.

Latest posts