Exceptional service is not often found anymore, except for a few committed individuals

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have known Schalk Havenga from Valve Audio for many years. The man's passion is unending. I recently took a NAD 3150 to him to ask if he could replace the awkward spring-loaded terminals with something I could use with banana plugs. I got it back this morning. His solution was awesome and so well done, that if you did not know any better, you would have thought the amplifier was designed like this. The unit is now in use and I will post a photo or two later.

I can now switch between two sets of speakers, or run both sets together. I have always wanted something like this to do direct A/B comparisons and just fiddle a bit. The NAD may be old, at about 38 years, but man, it is awesome. It is never going to beat my Predator, but it takes me back to the early-eighties when I could not afford a 3150 and had to settle for a 3020B.

Thanks Schalk, for making the time to do this one for me. It is truly appreciated.

Latest posts