Day 30

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #30

One of the most positive things of this lock down is the time SWAMBO & I have spent together, us two together & also with the fruit of our loins.  :clap:

As SWAMBO is both FD & GM of the largest equestrian club in Africa she works the ?normal? 06h00 to 18h00+ ish Monday to Friday & then, because there are events, over almost every weekend (I think there are a total of 10 weekends a year where there are no events which includes 4 weeks over Christmas) we barely see her over weekends. Which is in a way great as I can spend time at Angels Place or day jols when our daughter isn?t competing.
But, it does mean we need to work harder at maintaining the familial relationships (One way of doing so is to ensure we all sit down at the table for dinner every night). So these last 4 weeks have been a rather special time for us, despite the circumstances.

I drew the freedom ticket today & was sent into the great big outside.  :tongue:
Ran an errand & then did some grocery shopping. My route took me to our old local convenience centre in Crowthorne. I was shocked at how poorly stocked both the Woolies & Spar were. Clicks wouldn?t sell hair restorer sachets gel thingies for SWAMBO & Resident 4, apparently they?re deemed non-essential.
Decided bugger that & went to Sunninghill (now our local) instead. Clicks had no issue selling the sachets & both Spar & Woolies were properly stocked with almost everything as per ?normal?.
It was only later in the day that [member=15834]FranZAR[/member]  reminded me it was payday weekend, which would explain the greater number of people shopping.

My son?s mate sent us pics & a video of the still he?s made over the last few days. 17 years old & brewing moonshine in the garage. I sense a bright entrepreneurial future for the young man.  :rubhands:

Resident 3 constructed a bird feeder today ? for the frugivorous birds. The seed eaters are still being catered for by SWAMBO every morning, but the mousebirds & starlings have been hovering around looking woeful, so he dutifully obliged at his Mom?s request. Thereafter he was put to work on the headlights of the Jazz again. Did a proper job today & they look much better.
Supervision was naturally required, and I duly obliged, kak tasting brannas in hand.  :angel:

Resident 2 constructed a half-a-pot on its side with pebbles & stones around/in front of it garden feature thing. Reality: Tromps carted everything & dug whilst  :angrywife: supervised with a glass of red wine in hand. Not so easy with both of us still hobbling a bit, but it got done.

Touched base with family that reside in Herms Anus (Hermanus for the uninitiated). He owns a chiro/physio/massage/beauty (nails etc.) studio. Holidaymakers are his biggest clientele & during Easter there have obviously been very few. He?s understandably worried about business continuity.
On that note we received correspondence from our largest supplier last night to say that they have had no choice but to commence restructuring. A polite way of saying retrenchments are on the cards. A bummer, as they employ over 1,300 people. It is going to be a tough 2020 even once we are able to commence ?normal? trade, although I do not think normal will ever go back to what we knew normal trade to be. Maybe in 18 to 24 months? time.

Latest posts