DAC to DAC/Amp to improve optical signal?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gohde

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
A question to the digital aficionados:

Currently I use an AudioGD NFB 11.32 and I enjoy the sound through my PC into my headphones.
However, I also feed the DAC through the optical out of my TV which the AudioGD seems to struggle with a little - there are occasional cut outs and the documentation does mention a sensitivity to Jitter.

One option is to pick up another DAC with a digital output and feed the AudioGD with an already reclocked signal. Specifically: the Fiio BTA30 Pro would do this (and add the ability to connect Bluetooth headphones for a movie night or two) and it upsamples using a dedicated DSP chip.

Question: would this chain improve or deteriorate signals? I tried to find anything on using a DAC to clean a signal for another DAC, but it’s not common practice.

Alternative would be to wait a bit and get a better DAC/AMP (like the Ifi Neo iDsd just being posted), but they don’t allow transmission of Bluetooth and not sure the headphone section would sound better or worse than the AudioGD.

Any comments welcome.