ChiMOYra...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rendlan

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been trolling the web for DIY combination phono pre-amp and headphone amp designs that suit my skill level, but no luck. It seems the only options available are for separate units. Of these, two caugt my attention, namely the CMoy headamp and a phono preamp design based on the "El Cheapo", which is a modification of the CMoy design for the purpose of RIAA equalisation.

So I thought: Is it not possible to roll the two circuits into one and thereby solve my problem? Thus thought, thus done... I do however have a few unresolved issues and questions for the experts. Regrettably, my knowledge of electronics design leaves much to be desired.

Getting straight to the point, here is the schematic I came up with. Please study and comment. For now I've left out any component values. The chips are Burr-Brown OPA2134's, three in total. Two are used for the left and right phono equalisation and one for the headphone amp. Thus the schematic is for stereo operation.

ChiMOYra_zpsacbd81c0.jpg

By the way... ChiMOYra is a wordplay on the dual nature of the project (chimera) an the name of the original creator of the circuit on which both parts are based (Chu Moy).

Thanks!

R.