Best strategy to teach my 17 yr old daughter to drive.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney_gold

R.I.P. 5 June 2018
Reaction score
She has just got her learners - has the book with the "correct" way to drive.
I have only auto cars , wife has a honda jazz and I have a jag and 3 yank muscle v8 LHD cars

So I thought of taking her to an empty parking lot and getting her used to the honda..and then progressing onto the road with it.
Once she has road skills , then book her in for a 1-2 day defensive/advanced/skidpan course and let her do it in my jag or my corvette
After that , send her to a driving school to teach her the way the examiner wants to see and to get to grips with a manaul

Or should I just book her into a driving school and let them teach her from word go.
Problem with my method is that she is probably going to have to unlearn some bad habits , but she will be able to handle a car like a pro,
Problem with driving schools is they blood sucking leeches and drag on for as many lessons that they can

Any good driving schools in CT? when she got her learners , the was a swarm of Driving school touts around her , like locusts...
She will in all liklihood be driving the corvette mainly as I'm not buying her a small car - she is off overseas for a year next year and will only have a drivers license  from end nov to end jan , if at all...