Audirvana Studio upsampling

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzs503gp

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Audirvana 3.5.50 clunked out on Tidal streaming again for me this week. Cant play Tidal beyond the “High” setting. As pissed off as I am about it, I just want to listen to music.
So I sprang for a Year subscription of Studio. I gave Studio a quick try on the trial period when it first came out, but didn’t really want to give it a chance since I had paid for the legacy version.
I use upsampling. I know it shouldn’t make a difference, but it does, somehow. I get a more clearly defined and intense soundstage. Far better definition of space. A greater sense of “being there”
Studio has two options for upsampling- the old SOX engine, and a new R8Brain engine. Having now committed to Studio, I gave it a good testing last night. I can definitively report that I love the R8Brain upsampling. There is a very clear distinction between min phase and linear filtering, and I find linear snaps my system into perfection. This is the best my system has ever sounded.