Ariston RD11 Superieur revival

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jatho

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I bought an Ariston RD11 Superieur on the forum in the week, I'm a stickler for a product that has a history and background story like this so when I came across this table I was sold and I'd really like to transform it back to its former glory.

The table plays pretty well as is but a few upgrades would probably make it sing, first thing I did this weekend was sort the plinth out with some Woodoc 10, it was a bit run down and at least looks the part now, now I'd like to move onto changing the tonearm, the one I got with it I believe is a Sansui 222 MII which I don't think does the table justice and I'd like to try something like the SME 3009?

The power supply is also a little run down and I think an upgrade here could make a difference, its an external AC PSU, 22VAC 3.3VA, any suggestions on a replacement would be highly appreciated :)

I've got a modified Rega RB250 arm which I was going to try but since this means I'll have to spend quite a lot of time playing with the VTA height and retiring my Planar 3 its probably not the best idea.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from any forumites who could point me in the right direction with this build.

A photie or two (excuse the quality it seems my photography skills are lacking).

Before....

After....