Ant nest in my Bel Canto DAC3vb! - pics

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Holy crap, I discovered ants inside my Bel Canto DAC3vb last night. I saw something wrong in the small display and on closer inspection saw its some ants walking on the back of the display 'glass'.

Ok, I figured, maybe there are just a few looking around in there, but still need to open it up today and have a good look and clean them out, as well as seal it properly that it is not a safe haven for the ants anymore.

This afternoon I took it apart and to my horror I saw that they have created a proper nest in there, eggs and all - little buggers.

I opened the DAC when I 1st got it Dec last year and it was clean and clear of any critters.

I took some pics of before and after the cleanup. I dismantled the whole DAC, cleaned it, plugged all the holes and put it back together. I also taped up all the inputs that I do not use, as most of these have lots of room for the ants to pass through on what looks like an ant highway (to heaven).

Pics before:

2e155op.jpg

28a784.jpg

2rhw9ch.jpg

2ypc4ro.jpg

After:
wa380h.jpg

2le4eow.jpg

ezj3f9.jpg

qzlu34.jpg

And then I taped the un-used ports closed:
2u7yjgp.jpg

I also checked my 2 monoblocks inside and luckily they had not moved in there yet, but as a precaution I ?sealed? them as well. While doing that I discovered that they are actually Ref1000 that had the Level 2 Parts Connexion mods done at some stage. Don?t know why I did not see the sticker at the bottom before now.

332qaeu.jpg

5yf9s4.jpg

Latest posts