Alnico(??) drivers out of vintage 3-way Blaupunkt speakers. Any good?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetsound

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Got my paws on these today. Had a different Blaupunkt set way back, but with identical drivers.

Picture113small.jpg

Picture114small.jpg

Picture112small.jpg

Picture115small.jpg

I remember it used to sound good on my first NAD 3020 those days. 10inch woofers with oval-shape mid and tweeter. Please note the enclosure/shield over tweeter.
I played them tonight using my NAD 3020B first, then added the Dynaco ST120 as power amp (60W) thereafter. It seems these babies are fairly power hungry... :thinking: The front baffle resonated and rattled to hearts content, but settled after I made it a "open baffle" speaker.

The sound configuration sounds like a woofer crossing over at normal to lowish, with mid crossing over to tweeter very high - placing the dear smallest driver into super tweeter field by the sound of it (I could easily go without them squeekers... :ticked:). I don't have any idea of impedance, sensitivity or handling.  :headbanger: Are these Alnico magnet drivers?  :sweat: :help:

Mr Kassler, do you think these might work in those behemoth cabs you have there, standing in your way?

Latest posts