Aftermarket Car Audio and Warranties

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotVIBE

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So,

The Toyota got wrecked about about a month ago, and i've since upgraded to 2011 MK3 Ford Focus, the one with the Sony sound system with Sync and whatnot. It has a little over 2 years and 80k left on the factory warranty.

Now, the Toyota had a full Rockford Fosgate "Power" system in it, components, sub, amp & a very nice HU. Loud & clear, is the best way to describe it. The Focus goes pretty loud, but the sound is atrocious. The DSP is ridiculous, and the bass roll off on the speakers are bad. Everything sounds muffled compared to my previous sound.

The question is, how would it affect my Ford warranty if i upgraded the sound system on the Focus?

What i WANT to do is install an amp, splits, and the sub from my Toyota. I'd probably have to splice in a LOC at the speaker output from the factory head unit, run the RCA back to the amp, and then run the speaker cables back to where i spliced it off from the radio and connect it back up there. The stock speaker cables can then run to the new speakers. Unfortunately i have a feeling i'm going to need a proc to get any type of decent sound out of this system.

In any case, i'm worried that installing an amp power cable and cutting into the wiring harness to install the LOC will void my factory warranty. does anyone have any knowledge on this? 

Latest posts