Advice on amp / speaker combination for a party

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user-name

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I'm setting up sound for a smallish dancefloor (room is 8m x 5m x 2.5m ceilings). Audience is very mixed bunch and I anticipate playing a large range of music - most tracks with the intention of getting people on the dancefloor.

I want to decide what equipment to use. This is what I have available - I'm not super keen to go the route of hiring or buying anything.
Source:
Macbook with headstreamer DAC

Amps:
Myryad T40 - 50 watts per channel into 8Ω, pre-out
Denon pma725r - 65 watts per channel into 8Ω, two sets of speaker outs, no pre/low-level out (except tape which has is at a fixed level).

Speakers:
Monitor Audio BX2
Monitor Audio RX1

Sub:
Monitor Audio ASW100 - 10" 120 watt, high and low inputs

My current thinking is to use the Myryad with the BX2s and the sub, but I wondered if the extra 15 watts per channel from the Denon would help at all. I could also run all four speakers off the denon - though the sub would also have to come off one of the speaker outs.

I was thinking that the speakers could be mounted in the corners of  the room from the wall, the sub will sit in a corner and the amp will be placed out of the room so that no can fiddle with it or put their drink on it  :mad:

Any thoughts / advice?

Latest posts