12V trigger operation - Advice please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcish75

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi All,

Unfortunately my Onkyo NR575E doesn't have a 12V trigger port, but it does have a USB port. [member=3345]Murray[/member] has offered to help design and build an adapter for the HP DPS-1200FB power supply so that the AVR can trigger it when the AVR is switched on and off. I want to build an adapter similar to this, but more specifically for audio use so that the HP power supply can be used for car audio equipment.

bkqFJio.jpg

I'm driving a car monoblock amp off this particular HP power supply which then drives the two subwoofers. Currently I have to switch the power supply on and off manually, so I'd love to power it on and off automatically using the AVR's USB port.

QtvlHDq.jpg

I decided that instead of just having a USB trigger on the adapter board, a 12V trigger option as well as a manual on/off switch would be useful as it can then be used with almost any audio setup. Now, due to the fact that my AVR doesn't have a 12V trigger, I can't make any measurements with regards to that. Does the 12V trigger go high to 12V when the source device is switched on and remain high until the source device is switched off or does it go high momentarily then low when switched on and then high and low again when the source device is switched off?

Cheers.