Trusting Reviews? Takealot censoring negative reviews?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
More and more often I find myself disappointed with purchases I made on the internet. And I am not referring to audio products specifically, but rather to products that should be more "objective" to measure (e.g. a vacuum cleaner or smartwatch).  Products simply don't meet my expectations or are a let down. This is very disappointing considering that I enjoy researching and reading reviews and generally do thorough "homework" online before making a purchase. With so many "influencers" around, and bots, and paid for reviews, it is really hard to find unbiased, neutral reviews that are trustworthy. It also seems that the online retailers don't want the truth out there and are "censoring" negative product reviews: case in point, I wrote an honest, but negative review, regarding a product that I purchased on takealot. It was factual, contained no foul language and gave concrete examples of issues. I gave the product 1 / 5 stars. Most other "reviewers" gave it 3-5 stars. The review never got published by takealot. Makes you wonder if they are just protecting their potential sales and suppliers by redacting negative reviews?

Latest posts