Author Topic: Carpenters  (Read 335 times)

Offline Gerhard

Carpenters
« on: August 30, 2018, 05:23:39 PM »
Some months (years?) ago someone posted a link to a high quality cassette recording of the song "Only Yesterday" by The Carpenters. The video just showed the cassette playing in the deck.

I have been trying to find it again and try as I might I can't find it.

I'd appreciate if someone can help me out!

Thanks.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Re: Carpenters
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
Friend has it on a DVD. "Gold Greatest Hits".   Are you just wanting for the audio track?   (Track 05)

Send me a PM please

Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Gerhard

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:55:43 PM »
No, I want the link to the Youtube video. I have the HD audio. The Youtube version sounded better through.

Offline Marc Hugo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Gerhard,

I was just looking for this and it's quite likely that the search criteria (keying mainly off the title) may have related to the cassette deck itself and it just happened to be playing that very evocative song by The Carpenters.  It's just something that crossed my mind, I may well be wrong. 

All the Carpenters  material would been originated on (and mixed down to) analogue tape.  On that basis, EQ, sensitivity and various settings relating to saturation and the typical generous overload characteristics of analogue media would favour analogue media for playback.  A well made commercial cassette done on a well-set up and freshly calibrated bi-loop duplicator, and then played back on a happenstancially sympathetic cassette deck of real quality - even one with playback azimuth adjustment would be sublime indeed. 

See if you possibly can recall the type of cassette deck that was used.