Mede8er

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weston

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys
I've decided to do the right thing and spend a bit more money and buy a mmp that according to everything that I've read- appears to be one of the best examples in this catagory.
I've been shopping around on line and have found what I think is a great deal. For R3635 inclusive from TechDigital, I can get the Mede8er with a 2TB HDD with all the usual bits and pieces but at this price, they throw in a Wi-Fi dongle too.

A few questions.

1. Would I use this dongle? I presume it's just a wireless way of copying files from my laptop to the unit itself?
2. Does it matter what TV you have? I've got a non HD Panasonic 42". I'm going to connect the Mede8er via an HDMI cable into my Onkyo receiver so I presume the receiver will then transmit sound and picture to the plasma accordingly?
3. Noob question but if I wanted to copy a DVD onto the Mede8er, do you have to first 'download' it onto the laptop and then transfer across to the Mede8er?

Cheers!
Daniel