Author Topic: Advice on Dremel 4000  (Read 678 times)

Offline Orior

Advice on Dremel 4000
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:17 PM »
Hi Guys

I need some advice on the Dremel 4000 rotary tool.  The brochure states that it has electronic feedback torque control to maintain torque and keep the rpm steady. 
I tested one and at the lowest speed, 5000rpm, the unit has absolutely no torque,  When I touch it with my finger, applying very little pressure, the unit stops completely.  Is this normal?  The only reference I have to torque controlled tools are my Metabo tools (drill, saw, etc) and these keep their torque extremely well.  I understand that the Dremel is only 175W, but I expected more torque than the nothing that is present. 
Is this normal and am I expecting too much?  Any advice would e appreciated.

Thanks

Offline BWS

Re: Advice on Dremel 4000
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:45:34 PM »
When I touch it with my finger, applying very little pressure, the unit stops completely.  Is this normal? 

Thanks

No, definitely not. I have the 3000 and i wouldn't dare try that with it. Unless you exaggerating the amount (or lack of) pressure you apply.

In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Orior

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:11:57 PM »
No, definitely not. I have the 3000 and i wouldn't dare try that with it. Unless you exaggerating the amount (or lack of) pressure you apply.
I am talking about the torque on the lowest speed, not when running at full speed. At 5000 rpm it is easily stopped with with a finger on the shaft, no tool inserted.  On higher rpm it seems better, but then the speed is probably doing the work and not the torque control.
If you take the running shaft between your finger and thumb it takes much less pressure on the shaft to stop it than what it takes to hold a celphone between the same two fingers. Hope it makes sence.

Offline 2wice

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:26:33 PM »
I got the 4000, no way that's right.

It's still pretty beefy even at the lowest speed.

Offline Orior

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 05:28:39 PM »
I got the 4000, no way that's right.

It's still pretty beefy even at the lowest speed.
Thanks, that is what I suspected.

Offline ron g

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 06:57:35 PM »

& for anyone who may be interested - cash converters at china mall midrand has a number of dremels of various types (versa tip & 3000) at what seem, to my untrained eye, to be good prices.
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter