Author Topic: Is Afrihost slipping up?  (Read 633 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
Re: Is Afrihost slipping up?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
My R999 refund was due on 6th October.  On 28th September it was "8 working days".  Enquired today, it is still "8 working days".  No-one knows (or pretends to know) about the request made on 28th September.  On quoting the reference number, am told that that case has been closed.  Asking what closed means, they do not know

Offline rawoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
    • FibreTiger - Compare ALL Fibre ISPs
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 07:09:49 AM »
Ja back in the day they were massive with their unbeatable ADSL pricing... these days not so much.. My gf recently got Afrihost Fibre ontop of Octotel.. Man is she upset !!! :/
https://www.fibretiger.co.za - FibreTiger - Compare ALL Fibre ISPs

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »
Read a convoluted reason why Afrihost's service slipped recently.  Apparently due to an influx of fibre orders, they got behind with their replies.  Their staff has been increased from 250 to 350 and this will help to resume a better service

Sounds logical to me.  However, even Afriman on MyBroadband was 10 days behind a few weeks back

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
I believe most of the new staff members have been put into replying to support queries. These people have to undergo training before they are let loose on the public, which no doubt takes a few days at the very least.

My previous ISP seemed to employ school kids for support staff, hence I left them as they were completely useless and took from Friday to Monday to actually tell me I had been capped - all 4GB of the allocation back then.

I had a small matter requiring clarification from Afrihost just last week, the reply was within 24 hours by means of a phone call and the problem was solved completely to my satisfaction and advantage as well. I am very satisfied with the service received from Afrihost. No, I do not work for them!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »
Glad to see things there are on the up.  I recommended at least 12 people to them and would be disappointed if the service deteriorated.  My problem began when someone from their office offered me an 8mbps upgrade, not knowing (as I likewise) it could never work

Offline Spaj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »
Recently relocated and switched from ADSL to Rain LTE with Afrihost while waiting for fibre to arrive. Must say, have had nothing but good service from Afrihost in the past but doubt I will sign up for fibre with them, as they seems a tad expensive compared to other offerings.
Step aside caffeine, this is a job for alcohol.

Offline Juggy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
They are slipping up, when my fiber line was finally installed it was 10/5 instead of 100/50. Called them, sent them an email, called them again, called them again over the space of a week. Eventually the upgrade was complete and I had to reboot the ONT.

Also, get an SMS survey thingymabob from Gian, replied that I was very unhappy with the service etc to which I received and response stating they were happy I was happy with the service.

I will be moving to a different ISP ASAP that is for sure. 4 emails went unanswered.
| Lounge System | Samsung UA55F8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Sansui AU-222 | Intel NUC | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |