Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus: Super Deluxe Edition

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are albums I have bought multiple times ... "Dark Side of the Moon" for example, I had it as a normal LP, then an additional picture disc that looked great on the turntable but sounded crappy. When the CD was introduced, I bought it on CD. Then came a remastered CD and then yet another, better remastered CD. And I have a legal digital version as well. I know that if there will be another digital version, high resolution or extended, I will buy it yet again ...

A few bands and musicians made me feel a junkie for their music. Thank god it's only Frank Zappa, The Rolling Stones, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Little Feat, the Grateful Dead, The Doors, Miles Davis, Van Der Graaf Generator and a few others that will trigger the "I need to have that". As you can imagine, Little Feat's live masterpiece "Waiting for Columbus" is an irresistible temptation to me. Once I bought the double LP, then a lousy sounding CD (missing two songs), then a remastered double CD (deluxe edition) followed by the Japan edition of the remastered double CD. Did I mention that I have a legal digital version as well?

News are too depressing to start the day with at the moment, so after waking up I am skimming through the new releases in Jazz, Rock and Classics. And there I found it, the "super deluxe edition" of "Waiting for Columbus"! When I checked the details I knew I was trapped (again). A couple of minutes later my bank account was 70 Euro lighter and 10 GB of high resolution Little Feat were trickling into my house.

Closer inspection revealed CD 1 and CD 2 to be the original LP in yet another improved, remastered, gluten-free version. CDs 3 to 8 contain 3 full shows that were used for the original LP: Manchester City Hall (7/29/77), The Rainbow, London (8/4/77), Lisner Auditorium, Washington, D.C. (8/10/77).

If you hear on Cape Towns streets some loud Little Feat blasting from a car, that's me. My wife will probably be in the car behind, with noise canceling earphones.