Author Topic: Selling without the 50 post rule  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+21)
    • Remedytec
Re: Selling without the 50 post rule
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

....says the member with 5696 posts....!

^^
Correct. So wise words from a "forum elder" that contributes at a level most will never understand, let alone achieve. Forum royalty some would say...

Listen... and learn.

Offline Brandalign

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Or you are just taking advantage... and subsequently peeving off the wrong people ;). They WILL. SQUASH. YOU. LIKE. A. BUG.

Live and learn... and take your time... and actually chat a bit.  It won't take long.

PS: post in sales threads don't count/add up.

Did not know this was a dating site..... Even a bit of s&m just for fun
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »

heres  few guidelines for you that may help you (if you want the help)

1) never do the above ie tee off people that are trying to give you relevant and helpful advice

2) never mention that you want to get your post count up because then its obvious that you only joined to sell something and its going to take forever to reach the level required because you made a big thing out of wanting to get your post count up and the moderators and admins will ensure that this only happens when they are satisfied it should

3) never spam by repeating one line posts repeatedly like you just did in this thread alone ie that post of

I'm a noobie

How do I get my post count up?

was posted three times in a row without letting anyone else get in a word edgewise ..... that is very rude

4) never make one word banal posts like "LOL" at a joke or telling someone his system is "Great" just because you see a picture of it ..... until you have ammassed enough posts for people to realize that you are not spamming just to get your post count up

5) dont make multiple posts in a row overnight because again it becomes obvious that you are in a hurry to sell something .... and the idea of the 50 post count rule is not for people to spam and rush their way through 50 posts - its to gauge how relevant their posting is before they are allowed to sell something

6) Do introduce yourself and give a general outline of why you are into this hobby in the members introduction thread

7) make relevant posts based on the hobby or even helpful contributions wherever you can and once people can appreciate that you are going to land up being a useful member the moderation and admin team will allow your post count to remain

at the risk of repeating myself ..... if you make a big deal about post count or make it clear that you are in a rush to sell something so you intend to get your post count unnaturally higher then it will just encourage the admins and mods to keep your post count down until they are clear about your intentions for after you sell your stuff ie they want to see whether you intend to stick around and contribute in a meaningful manner AND that you dont intend to be a scam artist by ripping people off on this forum

in the meantime if your posting is done in a way that respects the current members and also contributes meaningfully to their discussions, you will be left alone and accepted as a valued member of the community and your post count will be up in no time at all .... the guys up at 5000+ posts did not do 20 or 30 posts per day - they reached it with an average of 2 to 3 posts per day ... though just remember that some people prefer to remain quieter and make only 2 to 3 posts per week so they are here just as long but have a lower post count so actual post count is not important - the quality and relevance of your posting is

most importantly the idea is to have fun related to the hobby ..... this places intention is not to only concentrate on the classifieds and the stuff for sale .... it is intended for those who want to make this hobby a worthwhile aspect of their lives, and if you demonstrate that this your intention too, then it wont be long before you are part of most of the discussions occuring here and the question then becomes "how did my post count get so high"

Offline gavinbirss

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »
It is a pity there is no read count
 :boxing:

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
I counted two legit posts thus far...as now reflected in the post count.
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2017, 01:06:16 PM »
I'm a noobie

How do I get my post count up?

Looking at your equipment list , I see you have paired a very similar system together as I have done for my bedroom "Harman Kardon HK 3770, B&W 603 S2" Mines similar being that its also a HK3770 but the speakers I have paired it with are B&W 602 S3. Good pairing that I found out by accident when I took my HK3770 to show a friend the day I bought it and tried it on his ( mine now) B&W602 s3 and his Monitor Audio RX6's. I bought the 602 s3 the very same evening after listening to how well it paired.
Kempton Park, Estrand,GP

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Well Skollie has been on the forum since 2008.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline JAYPSTER

• AVForums Member
  • SPACE........The Vinyl frontier......
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »
Looking at your equipment list , I see you have paired a very similar system together as I have done for my bedroom "Harman Kardon HK 3770, B&W 603 S2" Mines similar being that its also a HK3770 but the speakers I have paired it with are B&W 602 S3. Good pairing that I found out by accident when I took my HK3770 to show a friend the day I bought it and tried it on his ( mine now) B&W602 s3 and his Monitor Audio RX6's. I bought the 602 s3 the very same evening after listening to how well it paired.

I share your sentiment. I've experienced that Harman Kardon amplification goes very well with B&W speakers. I used my AVR 45 (65w/channel in 8 ohm Stereo mode) with my 603 s2's and it sounded fantastic. Swapped the AVR 45 with an HK6250 Integrated (45w/channel 8 ohm) mainly because of my Vinyl addiction and its lovely phonostage. This doesn't work, even though its output is above the 30w minimum as stated on the 603's. The HK3770's 120w per channel should be perfect for the 603's, I just hope that the phonostage is similar to the HK6250's.

I'm glad to hear about your experience with the said pairing as I'm currently awaiting delivery of my HK3770. I feel like a school kid on the 24th of December....Can't wait.... :sd:
Lead us not into Digitization, but deliver us some Vinyl.....

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
Well Skollie has been on the forum since 2008.

Thank you Placebo.

I think I've been around since vinylsa.

Cheers

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx