Author Topic: Am I alowed to swear on this forum?  (Read 5349 times)

Offline DRNB

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
Am I alowed to swear on this forum?
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:05:20 PM »
I was just wandering about this, because Those freaken FCUKERS broke into my house again!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Shees, what do I do? this time they took my TV, Amp which weighs 30kg, my TL's @ 40kg each. Also took my DVD player, CD player.

Got an alarm with armed reponse, but it seems thiese guys didn't care much.
A group of black ladies that was in the area saw them. Apparently a white and three black guys in a white Polo.

Last time the police finger print guys only came out a week later, then said: "sory we can't do anything because you repaired the burglarproofing."

Am I allowed to say our police is useless? or is that again forum policy? But really, they don't care, but the assessors would treat you as if you're a criminal trying to get a extra buck out of the insurance compony.

#%$@^%##^
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian Proverb)

Offline kay

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Computer geek
    • My Blog
Re: Am I alowed to swear on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
Thabo Mbeki says that's your paranoia speaking...

Sorry to hear :( Hope you have a good relationship with your insurance broker/company.

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
MAN, Norval, that sucks!!!! You cannot put a price on something you created with your own blood, sweat and tears. M****rf*****s!!!! >:( >:( >:(

A few years back I had a spate of three robberies in one year!! What are you supposed to do to protect yourself and your belongings?! Short of going vigilante on these guys, you supposed to roll over and take it?! F*****s!!!

Anyway, I feel your pain. It's not nice, especially not the second time when they took the REALLY special stuff!
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline JimGore

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »
Hi Norval,

Very sorry to hear that buddy!  Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Ian.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »
Norval,

My condolences :(

I hope you're insured, not that that will ever be able to replace exactly what you had. It does helpm ease the pain, though.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline DRNB

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:07:42 PM »
Thanks guys,

I guess I must look at the bright side of things, it give me reason to start a new project... ???

I am insured yes, but the problem is I aready claimed twise in six months and I'm not sure when the insurance company is gona say: "sorry buddy, we can't affort to insure you anymore."

Another problem is what value do one put on some homebrew speakers, and who will give me a quote?

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian Proverb)

skinnyfat

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:08:46 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( I fell your pain Norval, this happened to me too 'bout 14 mnth ago, took my entire DVD and CD collection (about R20k worth and all my wife's jewellry she wasn't wearing at the time. As kay said we're just being paranoid and if we don't like the crime situation we have already been told to 'bugger off if we don't like it'. So as far as I'm concerned swear as much as you like, this government won't take any notice of it as usual.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Viagara

• Legendary Member
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Flying High, Digging Low
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:18 AM »
Yeesh Norval, we feel your pain! Seems like someone is watching you come and go >:(

Maybe I should not say this too loudly, but I have been lucky thus far. It may just be my turn next and there are few things that makes you feel so angry and violated as a burglary  >:(
Don't take life too seriously, you will not make it out alive.....

(Location Cape Town)

Offline chipwelder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »
Sorry to hear Norval, it's K@K!

May the criminals get the rash of a thousand mangy dogs upon them until their nether extremities rot off!

how'd they fit the TL's in the polo????

Best you can do is get photo's, take them to a cabinet maker and ask for a quote, also have receipts for components...

A dealer could give you a quote for something "similar", but the problem is they might end up giving you something "similar" in exchange for the cash... so I really dunno. John Topham at Jade Services has been helpful in the past at giving quotes as he also marketed his own speakers, but chances are it won't ever be the same...

Hope it helps, hope it gets better!

OK! I've had it! I don't give anymore Kharma. Kharma should work in mysterious ways...

Offline DRNB

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
how'd they fit the TL's in the polo????

I really don't know, my wife and I was taking about the same thing. Unless the so called eye witnesses are feeding us a fart? ???

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
Aye...I am sure Alex could quote them up for you but your time will never be recouped.

...Perhaps time to give those ion super-tweeters a go....1200V B+ should be a nice dis-incentive to whomever tries to steal those...just train the kids to not touch that new blue "LED"

...Or build a line-array that they couldn't fit in their car any way they want to without taking a saw to it.

...Perhaps fill a compartment with sand or something similarly heavy.

...Or give a horn system a go with something more along your alley taking care of 300Hz and up or so.

Offline Ampdog

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 12:07:22 AM »
What can one say, Norval ....... :'( :'( :'( :'(

So far (X2) "they" took only my commercial items, not my amplifier etc. (Oh dear, maybe that lot didn't look professional enough!) In my case I took photos and had the self-built electronics (which were not taken ... yet!) valued at a friendly dealer. The insurers (reluctantly) took cognisance after I explained that that also represents value and otherwise I am "discriminated against" (nice political ring to it). One can insure self-made stuff, e.g. the paintings of an artist in his/her (to remain pol. correct) own house, etc.

I am about to get a trained Boerboel (weight 52 kg), also because us "seniors" living alone are targeted. Otherwise I fear a sophisticated home-alarm system (not an alarm company; they hardly ever arrive in time). Over here I learnt that disadvantaged shoppers are scared of cameras (for the moment). So CCV etc. is handy (even if pseudo!) or for real, to have a record.

But a lady-friend expressed such an experience accurately, if somewhat blunt. She said she almost felt raped.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline musica

• AVForums Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of your incident Norval.

I guess these days we just have to take comfort in the fact that we dont get physically assaulted or injured. :-\

Hope you feel better soon.
All the best

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:47:49 AM »
Over here I learnt that disadvantaged shoppers are scared of cameras (for the moment). So CCV etc. is handy (even if pseudo!) or for real, to have a record.

I'm sorry to say, but not likely Amp! Especially if you have to consider the amount of money you need to spend on decent kit. The R6k CCTV in a box solution at Macro is pitiful at night and it is at times like these that your system needs to perform flawlessly. The only real solution is a) being vigilant/sober(big problem)/awake when you get home and b) having some form of reactive system installed (I mentioned this in the past) when you are not home. I've even heard of guys connecting PIR's through solenoids to fire extinguishers with fantastic results. There are much cheaper ways though...
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline chipwelder

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 06:39:53 AM »
Yup, I have a Polo hatch... 4 guys and those TL's is not gonna happen, not even in the booted version, at a stretch, it might happen if the seats are flat and they sat on it... but I am not to sure
OK! I've had it! I don't give anymore Kharma. Kharma should work in mysterious ways...