My naked amplifier build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlycat

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I have an open baffle setup for which I wanted to build an amplifier. I am a novice when it comes to electronics, but I am keen to learn and have fun with DIY projects. I have basically finished it about 80%. I will upload pictures of my build, as and when I have time.

The idea was to build a three channel stereo amplifier, each with it's own independent circuitry. This will give me some flexibility and allow me to mix and match gear. I like the "industrial look" and did not want a conventional box enclosure for my amp, besides a box to hold all the parts would be too big for my liking. So, out the box, I decided on a monolith look for the amp, something along the lines of my initial sketch below...

Next was to decide on which parts to use and where to get it. The heatsink would be the backbone of this build, measuring 1000mm tall and 200mm wide. It should be big enough to hold all the parts.  :whistler: