Where to start with room treatment?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irengineer

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Let me start by saying apart from knowing that bass traps are a good start, I know zilch about room treatment.

I just remodeled my upstairs room into a dedicated music room. My setup mainly consists of a pimped Rega Planar 3 turntable, Valve Audio amp and a few digital sources. My speakers are Tannoy Saturn S10's, with two 10" drivers each, one being dual concentric.

I placed all the components on sorbothane spheres and my TT is standing on a basic isolation platform consisting of four sorbothane 30mm spheres, with a 2cm this acrylic slab, on top of which the TT stands. The speakers are standing on spiked feet with spike pads.

As part of the remodel, I have now moved the speakers further apart, which has dramatically improved the soundstage. However, the  system sounds a bit thin in places, and it is clear that as you move around the room, the frequency response changes. I'll whip out a tape measure tonight and get accurate room dimensions, plus pull up a basic drawing.

Where do I go from here, can anybody assist in measuring the room and come up with a treatment solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk