rectifiers and their heaters....help please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handsome

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
i have a psu using svetlana 6D22S rectifiers in a graetz-bridge arrangement feeding a choke input supply. (6D22S is a single indirectly heated TV damper diode with a cathode top cap) transformer is 500V output after input choke is 460V. the 6D22S have a separate 12V non-centre tapped filament transformer that is floating. the heaters are connected in series. circuit current draw is approximately 70mA the tubes are rated at 300mA continuous. I had a problem with the solid state diodes regularly blowing on one 'leg'. eventually the problem was traced to a 6D22S that was arcing. i replaced the tube and all seems well so far but i worry. the 6D22S is apparently a very robust tube but i wonder if not having the heater connected to the cathode was part of the problem. i would like to connect the cathodes to the heaters. how do i do this with a non-CT heater transformer and a series heater connection?