Author Topic: Considering you own Home Recording Studio? A Guide to it all.  (Read 2025 times)

Offline engelbma

"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"

Offline Dolby

Re: Considering you own Home Recording Studio? A Guide to it all.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »
There's a place in Randpark Ridge called Acoustic Cafe that they're selling for R400,000.00 (offers from R350,000) which is fully kitted out, bar, tables, liquor license etc. It is on condition of a 3 year lease being signed though and it does seem kinda quiet at this stage  :/

Another condition by the owners of the building is it needs to be open all day and evening - and although there is some activity at night, there's nothing in the day ... so I was thinking for an entrepreneur with some cash to spare, they could open a recording studio on premises if allowed?

The place is already a live music venue so this is keeping with the theme at least. Wonder how much an average one will cost?

Offline Timber_MG

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:15:02 AM »
Thing is you need the recording space to be dead quiet, which is somewhat at odds with the ideas of a) low cost b) running a business alongside a recording studio. You'd have to build suspended rooms within the venue at the very least and dead quiet live space and a shop in a commercial area don't really gel that well...unless you want to close mic and digital reverb everything, but that's not a recording studio and most music made like that is of the bedroom variety in any event.

Offline ID

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:27 AM »
Thing is you need the recording space to be dead quiet, which is somewhat at odds with the ideas of a) low cost b) running a business alongside a recording studio. You'd have to build suspended rooms within the venue at the very least and dead quiet live space and a shop in a commercial area don't really gel that well...unless you want to close mic and digital reverb everything, but that's not a recording studio and most music made like that is of the bedroom variety in any event.
Verry true

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »
I have an acquaintance who has a recording studio on the same property as his house.

Many radio ads & loads of voice-overs (voice-adds/voice-ins?  :nfi: - adding the vocal track to the video, have no idea what it is called) for corporate videos, TV adverts etc.

Seems to be a fairly lucrative venture as well.

I love visiting, he has a mint 916 Ducati in the reception area/pub/coffee bar & also restores older bikes, so always something to look at & chat about.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*