JBL L100 L pads

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christowp

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Finally got my son to assist me with removing bass drivce to access the crossover and L pads: one was scratchy and on one side and the other had one seemingly seized to a point where no movement was happening. All drivers still working though.

I was able to open one and soon realised why it was stuck (see pic). I have seen pics of the 2 element crossover which only has 2 caps linked to L pad for the mid and tweeter control. The caps are however encased in some kind of cardboard cylinder  (or is that the cap itself?). I have the cap values and thought it might be a good idea to change them but access seems difficult - I am not very "handy" as it is so would not give that a go but have been in touch with a fellow forumite and might be able to arrange that afternoon to sort it out in the near future. Any tips from anypone who might have done a similar job on these wonderful speakers. 

Does anyone sell L pads here in SA? have seen the aftermarket replacement recommended by JBL folks on audiokarma and Altech Lansing heritage forums. One is the Madisound Yung 50W, 8ohm L pad available from Madisound and Speaker parts / Parts express. Would like to get it locally if available otherwise will go the internet route. Cost ranges from about $9 (Yung Madisound) to $28 each for the Fostex version. Not sure of postage cost.

Any local L pad supplier and any tips from local folks who might have ordered similalr stuff from Parts express.

Hope this photobucket works to show pics

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Christowp/media/DSC02375_zps89a606ca.jpg.html

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Christowp/media/DSC02372_zpsb0d7ef33.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3#/user/Christowp/media/DSC02372_zpsb0d7ef33.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3&_suid=136718468543704254657233205711

Latest posts