Not so annoyed anymore - Philips VCR video recorder

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steerpike

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Vis-a-vis my other post on the lost Philips reel-to-reel video recorder: today I acquired a VCR format machine by Philips, the N1460 from 1972.
vcr_1460.jpg

This is essentially the same machine as the N1500, but with no tuner (not much use anyway in todays broadcast climate) and no clock timer. The N1500's clock timer was a one-event/24h mechanical clock, much like those found on stoves!

What I do not have is any cassettes.
If anyone has or knows who has any VCR cassettes, please post or let me know. (even ones with mutilated tape will be fine - I can re-fill)

philipsmashvideo.jpg

Interestingly, this video format make a guard-band recording, unlike VHS or Beta, which have different azimuths for the two video heads. Philips later made a "VCR-LP" format, which is totally incompatible with this one, even though the cassettes are identical. The LP recording system was an azimuthal one, to double record/play time. But perversely, they never made a machine that could do both formats!