Author Topic: Reputable audiophile quality components  (Read 3319 times)

Offline valvesound

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Audio designs creating exceptional character
Reputable audiophile quality components
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »
If you are looking for audiophile components this is the place I have ordered many many parts from http://www.hificollective.co.uk/ no hassle and quick delivery. They are reasonably priced when compared to other suppliers and have a huge range all under one roof (so to speak).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:57:10 PM by valvesound »
One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds - Frank Zappa

Offline Audiofundi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Reputable audiophile quality components
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Hey just got some stuff from them. Very good range,  service and prompt delivery. Postage is a bit expensive but stuff not available here so no choice  Dop

Offline valvesound

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
Yes they are good and their postage is less than most others. Try partsexpress and you will fall on your back when they quote shipping. :faint:
One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds - Frank Zappa

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
I get UK stuff delivered to my daughter in London.  She then resends it.  Postage from UK is expensive anyway, but often far less than that quoted by the supplier.  Many suppliers will post small items free of charge, especially if they advertise on eBay

Offline Inprogress

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
    • umfanjana Films
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
Hi. What you all are saying is what I was afraid of, we don't really have great choice in driver selection in SA, if you exclude the option of importing?

Offline valvesound

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
The supplier we are talking about (hificollective) do not sell drivers, components we are talking about here are things like capacitors, resistors, wire, connectors etc.

Offline afroaudio

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »
Another +1 happy customer of Hi-Fi Collective. Just received my order of Nichicon Muse capacitors yesterday. Their shipping rates are not bad and you end up saving overall due to this. I ordered from Parts Connexion a while back and it was $60 minimum for shipping which is not cool for a small padded envelope with capacitors in it. I see Mouser also seems to put a flat $60 on their quote for shipping to SA.

For other bits I have been using RS but some of their minimum order limits make them not the most economical... I needed 10 KSC1945 transistors and had to order 200... oooh well, better sell some of this kit thats gathering dust!

Jonathan