found the bass at last!!!!!!!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, I am an on and off forum member who nearly gave up on all things audio after nearly twenty years of battling a room from all angles and seemingly getting nowhere.

The room is 4x6x2.7 and is pretty standard ie carpeted with some windows on eachside wall and a concrete slab ceiling. For years I suffered with absolutely no low end, equipment was  Mark levinson pre and power combo driving B&W 802,s. Over the years I had the who's who in the room measuring, listening and recommending, I tried EVERYTHING I have bass traps in the corners and  foam lining the walls and still little or no bass. At one stage we had a pv1 sub from HFX. In the mix which is known to tune its self to a room......but not me, not this room......... I decided to give up.

I did a swop with another respected forum member and ended up with a pair of QUAD 2905 electrostats and a Audio research power amp, I did this as I was simply moedeloos and needed a change of sorts. The sound was nice but alas no real bottom end to speak of.

I then learnt of a strange speaker placement method where one would place the speakers along the long wall and half way into the room, well I had nothing to lose so and I tried it and WOW,,,,IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!and still is. I have awsome tight room bone shaking no, bone breaking bass. Its crazy, after 20 years of suffering i won! Thanks to all who helped over the years you guys did your best and for that I am greatful.

To those of you strugling out there,  dont give up as I nearly did, sonic heaven is out there or rather in their right in your own space, if we got my room right we can get anybodys room right.

greatful audiophile.

Latest posts