whats the use of my TV's web browser?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney_gold

R.I.P. 5 June 2018
Reaction score
On my new Tv , I can browse the web , but the restrictions on what you can do are punitive.. whats the use of it all.. BAH!!!!!

Web Browser Restrictions
●● Select Web Browser. The browsing screen may differ from the one on your computer.
●● The web browser is not compatible with Java applications.
●● You cannot download files. If you attempt to download a file, you will receive an error message
instead.
●● The web browser may not be able to access certain websites.
●● Playing Flash videos may be restricted.
●● E-commerce for online purchases is not supported.
●● With websites that have scrollable windows, scrolling a window can result in corrupted
characters.
●● ActiveX is not supported.
●● Certain options are not accessible in Link Browsing mode. (Switch to Pointer Browsing to activate
those options.)
●● Only a limited number of fonts are supported. Certain symbols and characters may not be
displayed properly.
●● The response to remote commands and the resulting on-screen display may be delayed while a
webpage is loading.
●● Loading a webpage may be delayed or suspended completely with certain operating systems.
●● The copy and paste operations are not supported.
●● When composing an email or a simple message, certain functions such as the font size and
colour selection may not be available.
●● There is a limit to the number of bookmarks and the size of the log file that can be saved.
●● The number of windows that can be opened concurrently varies depending on the search
conditions and the TV model.
●● The web browsing speed will vary depending on the network environment.
●● Playing embedded video automatically disables PIP. Video playback may not commence after PIP
is disabled. In this case, you will have to reload the page.
●● The web browser supports .mp3 audio files only.
●● The web browser supports a specific file format for importing and exporting bookmarks.
(Compatible Format: Netscape-bookmark file- 1)
●● The folder tree information is not included when importing and exporting bookmarks.
●● Exporting bookmarks to a USB device connected to the TV saves the bookmarks under a folder
named "Samsung SmartTV Bookmark".
●● If the Clock Set (System > Time > Clock Set) has not been set, the browsing history will not be
saved.
●● The browsing history is saved from latest to oldest, with the oldest entries being overwritten first.
●● Depending on the types of video/audio codecs supported, it might not be possible to play certain
video and audio files while playing Flash content.
●● Video sources from PC-optimised streaming service providers may not play properly on our
proprietary web browser.
●● Using the on-screen QWERTY keyboard automatically disables PIP. (Except when entering a URL

Latest posts