Samsung plasma panel failure again!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weston

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys
Some of you might remember the kak service I got from Samsung a few years back regarding a panel failure on a Samsung plasma. That debacle ended with them giving me the latest 51 inch at a very good price (depreciation deal)
Replacement plasma arrived in July 2012.
July 2014, the panel has begun to fail. Blurry patches appear on the screen.
Contact Samsung and they agree to replace the panel at no cost. Panel gets replaced in August.
June this year, the replacement panel begins to fail. Solid vertical lines appear on either side of the panel.
Contact Samsung and they agree to replace the panel and agree that it should last longer than 10 months so I'm happy with their offer.
Two weeks pass with no further correspondence so I start to chase them.
The woman I'm dealing with now tells me that there's no stock of the panel. I ask for plan B and she says that I must now pay in R7000 to get another television. I try my best to be polite and point out that this is a very kak plan B versus the first offer which was to get the plasma repaired at zero cost to me. I ask the cretin I'm dealing with to have a careful think about what she is now offering and to get back to me. She naturally goes quiet on me and adopts the ostrich approach.
Another two weeks passes so I start the process of trying to reach a manager. A week has now passed with 7 messages left and two e mails sent to the manager asking him to return my calls or at the very least to send me a few words over e mail.
Called this afternoon again and literally begged for the chap to call me back and yep, you guessed it. No call back.
I've just gone on Hello Peter as a last resort but I am horrified at the absolute disgusting service levels.
I know a couple of forum members purchased the same 51 inch full HD plasma like mine so I would be interested to hear if there's been any other panel failures in the group.
Cheers
Daniel

Latest posts