Project backlog

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Sid

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Prompted by the "slow death of DIY" thread, I hoped we could show the opposite by posting projects that are still in progress or in the pipeline. I'm sure for all of us free time, followed by budget, are the major constraints...

But anyway, here are the projects I'm working on:
[list type=decimal]
[*]El Sid EL84 concept amp - Have got one channel working, need to tweak, then build the other channel. Design and build 2-triode (or pentode-triode) phono stage. Then put in remote control kit and power meter driver.
[*]Refurb of Supersonic One-Eleven - It's been cleaned and revarnished, fired it up yesterday and cleaned some switches and it seems to be working...
[/list]

Once those are done, my future projects are:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Folded horn speakers using Philips 9710M 8" fullrange (probably next)
[*]Soekris DAC - I have the board, but was stymied by Postnet losing the peripherals I bought from [member=60]gavinbirss[/member]. Will get more and do this. I may make a valve output buffer for it just because
[*]Guitar amp using the chassis of an old Philips bought for spares when I restored the Philips radio. I'm going to use the faceplate and controls too
[*]Phono preamp - maybe i'll try my hand at sand circuits for a change - using op amps
[/list]

So what is everyone else up to?

Latest posts