My first Car Fire - Well, sort of... and other troubles.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
No smart-ass comments please ;D My car is a Renault Laguna - troublefree and virgin until today.

Got in the car this afternoon, switched on the climate control and proceeded with a quick trip to Wynberg. A street block away from home, I smelled burning plastic and stopped immediately in a layby.

I opened the bonnet and had a good look around and saw nothing amiss. At this time, I was still in two minds whether to return home or go on to Wynberg.

Started the car and a minute later, I saw wisps of smoke exiting from the ventilation vents :(

So, I made a quick decision to head for home. As I had to go round the block and negotiate 2 sets of traffic lights while the car filled with smoke, I switched on the headlights and emergency flashers and 'carefully' ran two red traffic lights by going round waiting cars at both robots. Fortunately the waiting motorists realised I had a problem.

So I got to my driveway, opened the bonnet and grabbed an 8 spanner to disconnect one of the battery terminals.

At this time, as I wasn't sure if the smoldering wires would ignite, I called a car workshop owner nearby and asked him to bring a fire extinguisher - mine went with another car I sold recently.

It looks like I am going to have an interesting 2011 ;D

Last Wednesday, we had another house robbery at 4.10pm. A foreign african hid on the back stoep behind the back door. I was busy cleaning my workshop and had some stuff I wanted to put in the rubbish bin.

As I opened the door, the devil gave me a terrific shove so that I fell backwards into my garage entrance between the laundry room and the kitchen.

My wife heard the commotion and I then jumped up and pressed the armed response button. The robber saw my wife, got her by the neck and ripped-off her earrings and watch, all while the siren was on. Since the robber was still in my house when Chubb turned up less than a week previously, he turned and ran. I'm not even sure how and where he got over my walls and razor wire but we found tracks in a few places.

Chubb turned up quickly, just after the sector SAPS arrived. Within minutes the house was swarming with captains and colonels, videographers and fingerprint blokes and they finally left after 9pm.

I'm convinced it is the same person which entered here 4 other, recent times. MO is the same. Screwdrivers to force window frames and each time, he left caps and screwdrivers, Gastron tablets!, folded silver paper and even his bag behind.

Additional measures have been taken but where it will all end, no-one knows...money, money, money  :'((Until now, I have added extra locks on the side gates and one additional security light outside. Next up will be cutting down of shrubs severely for more measures outside.

Take care out there.

mafioso

Latest posts