Mating, intergrating a 18" sub with a Golden ear 5 sub and Golden ear supersat system.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruger.vdMerwe

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
As my previous post suggest, the big Power Sound Audio Sub has arrived, i went for the sealed enclosure as i do more music than movies! Cannot rememebr when last did i do a movie! And sealed enclosure subs for the lack od a better term, is more focused with no port noise etc...
Yes, technically the Golden ear is vented, but that radiator makes it for me a sealed sub.
Not having large fronts. GE Supersat 60, and smaller Supersat's at the back, i wanted enough base. I think i have it now.
The powersound sub on it's own can rattle the door cabinets.
But here is the interesting thing. This bass is not boom! It is solid well defined bass that hits you and then dissapears, it does not add bass to music where there is nothing....
So intergrating this with the GE that is set to a 90hz cross over is a challenge. And then intergrating it with the force field 5 sub as well...
The neighborhood might not like me at present....
The very good remastered fleetwood mac rumors album, sounds so good. Dreams and chains are my favorites. On one song a bass guitar is plucked, you hear and feel the reverb of the guitar without any additional artificial bass added. It sounds like it is in focus.
But it does show up lesser recordings or sloppy recordings.
Off course it is stacked on top of each other for illustration purposes only.....

f5c8e834a448822ed5c018b176bf6000.jpg
9fdeb05ead6588e97be22cec4971fdf6.jpg

Latest posts