Let's Talk About UPS (now that load shedding is back)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I know that there are many very knowledgeable people on this forum who can provide some advice for those of us who are not so much in the know about these things, so asking on behalf of der dommkopfen, what is the recommendation for running an inverter / UPS solution for a home office here in SA?

Basically I need power for my 27" iMac (2012 model) plus external 27" Cinema screen, Huawei B618 router, a 49" LG 4K TV, DStv HD decoder and maybe a couple of low wattage lights. I don't want to interfere with the house's electrical system (I'm a renter) so ideally something that can run off the mains and then kick in when the power goes out. I came across this thing on Takealot which on the face of it seems like a good solution, but maybe it's too much? Too little? I like that it can accept a solar panel as well as 220V.

https://www.takealot.com/smart-power-trolley-1-5kva-1000w-pure-sine-inverter-ups-charger-solar-excluding-batteries/PLID41356450

I am looking forward to hearing what other members have used as solutions.

Latest posts