Is what they say really bullsh_t (those TAS and Stereophile reviewers)?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two recent posts on the Heads Up thread about some Nordost interconnects suggest that that the advertiser, like  some professional reviewers, is simply spinning words to make the product seem worth purchasing.

Now I don't know anything about Nordost or the guy who is selling the cables, but it seems to me that professional reviewers are very likely to have: 1. more knowledge of equipment than your average guy; 2. more highly trained listening skills than your average guy; 3. more time to spend on finding ways to articulate or accurately describe the differences between sound systems.

So I don't see the point in dissing them. This idea that everybody is as good as everybody else when it comes to judging equipment, or that you must just "trust your own ears" is silly. For better or for worse there are experts out there -- some of course a lot better than others -- who can teach us about how to assess sound equipment.

To think it is all a matter of personal opinion or marketing that has then been dressed up in fancy language amounts to saying "I'm just fine, thanks. I don't want to learn anything more." I think: "You might as well be dead!"

Latest posts