HD600 - I've been bitten by the Sennheiser sound

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solid_Tuna

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
As the title suggests

How much does technical performance matter?

Ive owned Hifiman Arya's - Great headphone but I couldn't help but feel like I'm missing something. Something of fun.
The Focal clears fixed this for me. They've brought me so much enjoyment.

Its 00:00 I've had my Fezz Omega Lupi warmed up. I put the HD600 on my head and I'm transported to audio bliss.

Its not that they stage well or have punchy dynamics, but they make my music sound beautifully textured in the mids. It just sounds right to my ears.

I switch to the clears and immediately my brain says, wow these are much better... 10 seconds later I feel like I'm missing the magic in the mids. ( In APO the Jan Meier crossfeed takes the senns to another level and I feel fixed the imaging by a large margin)

I've crossed a somewhat audiophile fatigue and in the end the budget HD600 sounds good enough to make me think I could just be happy with these and call it a day. ( Tubes are a must for me, it totally transforms them)

I'm sure a lot of us have been here more than once. I really just want to be satisfied and content but that's my own internal battle with audio.

This all being said - I can see why Sennheiser have been the kings for so long.

If Senn and Focal could just have a baby that would great.

Last edited:

Latest posts