Feedback RA1592

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade187

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I thought I would feedback about this amp after owning it for a month now. I previously had the RA1570 which is the 120w X 2.
All I can say is that there is a huge difference between the 2. The 1570 was good in its own right hence I had no reservations in pulling the trigger on the 1592.
Apart from the improvement on vocal clarity and mid bass, the most noticeable difference for me is the lower end bass delivery on the RA1592 . I've had to detuned the bass on this unit to -2 whereas on the 1570 I ran it at 0. Both treble settings always stay on +2. Audio formats are XLR connected cdp and digital streaming via the PC-USB connection(all high def tracks, FLAC and upwards). Digital streaming is equally enjoyable when compared to CDP as source because the DAC is that good on this thing.

Back to the bass: with the 1570, about 10% of the time I would come across a track that just had that lovely warm but controlled bassline which put a smile on my face. With the RA1592, I can say that had been upped to around 70%. The system is brutal at revealing poorly recorded CDs in my collection so much so that I actually want to throw them away. I think that that the reason for the marked improvement in bass delivery is down to the RA1570 using pre outs for my self powered subs whereas the RA1592 has dedicated mono sub outputs. I can now say that those mono outputs make a huge difference
I was so impressed that I even upgraded my floor standers to the 702 S2 and I am totally blown away by the harmony of the system. The floor standards together with my 2 SVS sealed 12" is an absolute joy. I prefer precision in my audio in terms of treble & mid bass but a warm lower end and not the mush, warm sound of some speakers I've listen to. Allowing the towers to handle higher, vocal and some bit of mid bass allowing for my subs to take over in the lower end works like magic for me. I've started listening to my entire CD collection once again!

Noticeable artists (cd format) where the difference was day and night: Shakatak, Level 42, Brian Simpson, Tina Turner, Anita Baker thus far 20230416_201721.jpg

The RA1592 has exceeded my expectations!

PS: The only thing that is a bit of concern is that the 1592 generates allot more heat than the 1570. I've installed fans on the rear of the cabinet it sits in and will monitor for now. Any other 1592 owners have feedback on this?

Last edited: