Day 22

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Day #22

It is Resident 5?s Birthday today, so Resident 4 & I baked a vegan chocolate cake. It was, ummm, interesting, but edible nonetheless.
Did the 19 candles on top & we all sang the obligatory washing hands jingle Happy Birthday on a Zoom session with her folks & sister.

Resident 5 has been teaching Resident 3 vegan cooking tips. These continued today with a lesson in homemade Passata with Garlic & Basil. Then Pasta to go with the Passata. My kitchen survived.

Store bought thin wors that we made into dry wors turned out fine. A bit sweet for my taste ? possibly because we didn?t dredge it through a brown vinegar & Worcestershire sauce mix before hanging.

Tried to listen to Mix 93.8 FM once again (other than the Sean Brokensha show on weekend afternoons).
It remains predictably crap. Also, the broadcast signal keeps dropping alternate channels. Not so much during music playback, but when they talk kak (which they do an inordinately large amount of) or when it?s the news. ?Tsek, thanks for the reminder as to why I no longer listen on a daily basis.

Then for the bizarre. Resident 2 had an unpleasant dream last night involving my ex wife. We awoke this morning to find that the ex had sent us both a friend request on FB. WTF? We have not seen nor heard from the ex for 16 odd years which was when she tried to interfere in our marriage & split us up. Needless to say the friend request was declined & mad cow diseased ex was blocked. Whole incident was really freakish.

Played a few more bored  board games today. We have a number of 3M Bookshelf Games dating back from 1962 to 1970, so today was TwixT (it is a brilliantly complex game so is played fairly often in our house) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TwixT )
and Feudal ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudal_(game) )
Who would?ve thought that board games designed & created in the 1960?s could still be such fun?

Resident 2 & I got our exercise this morning hunting for Resident 4?s blasted cat. He has a habit of crawling under a rock or tree & snoozing for a few days. Normally happens after he?s been fighting with other cats in the neighbourhood. We have a heritage site park a few properties down from us & he loves to hide out there. We found him fast asleep snug as a bug on a bed of leaves between exposed tree roots. Oblivious to the world (and our calling). Chop.

Tried to watch a FB Live video on FA training techniques (bored much?) but the presenter was spending more time criticizing other trainers than actually being informative so after 35 odd minutes (yup, I was THAT bored that I gave it 35 minutes) of waffle I gave it up as a bad joke. Will maybe try again later when it's no longer live so I can fast forward through the drivel.

The washable face mask was dropped off & I am really happy with it. Quality is good; pricing is competitive, so from next week we will market these firstly to our clients; and then to general public. Delivery can go direct from manufacturer to client which helps eliminate additional handling & associated possible viral contamination.

Residents 3 & 5 both start Uni again on Monday (online classes/lectures). A good thing, as it will give them something more constructive to do than Netflix & Minecraft.