Computer & Music

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I believe I stream Tidal directly through my computer's Samsung HD card into my Yamaha CX-A 5000 pre-amp (5 star Pre & Amp on Crutchfield then.) I allow Tidal to take control of this process remotely.
The reason I do this is because I keep all of my FLAC and WAV music files on the same computer. For playback I use MusicBee which I rate the best Windows based music organiser/player I have used. I have a Yamaha MX-A5000 11 channel amp which I used in a bi-amp configuration to a pair of KEF IQ90's. I listen only in 2 channel stereo, sometimes direct with/or without a sub. I do dial in or out a bit of presence if I find the playback to toppy or to bass laden. I find my setup is in general quite forgiving with very similar playback from Tidal or my files. However my Cambridge transport is the star of the show, delivering exceptional reproduction of good quality recordings. Some sourse material however, sounds, plainly speaking, krap.
I do feel I have done a lot to get the best out of the setup so far. So I am thinking the next step is perhaps a speaker upgrade.
We don't have access to dealers or auditioning rooms where I live so, it is pretty much up to doing proper homework.
I would appreciate any wisdom to assist me further.

Latest posts