Boston XS 5.1 and AVR Setup Purchase help and recommendations

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentiSonas

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been lurking around the forums reading up for ages as I've always wanted to get myself a decentish sound setup for my small apartment and finally decided to sign up and ask around :)

So all in all I was thinking for a startup that's versatile that the Boston XS 5.1 system comes well recommended for its vale for a home theatre system. Currently I'd be using the system for movies, series etc, music and gaming sound for my Xbox 360 and PS3.

Questions are:

I'm in Cape Town and does anyone know who stocks the Boston XS 5.1 system in the Cape Town area where I could maybe go and have a listen to the system?

What is the recommended retail price (or best price ;) that you can find this speaker system for?

What Receiver would you suggest coupling with the Boston Setup? I'm quite happy to buy from a forum member as I've seen some good deals, just need to know what would be over or underkill and recommendations. Perhaps in future I may also look to building a better speaker setup, in future so would rather future proof the amp to a reasonable level.

I'm only looking to spend around the R10k range max for now and honestly if I can get it for lower... I can use all the help I can get.

Glad to enter the fray here on the forums and have noticed everyone to be a hopeful bunch, hopefully once I know more I can pass it on :)

All help greatly appreciated