AVR HDMI monitor 2 failure

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fine1

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum and would like to hear valuable experience on this issue.

My Marantz SR7010 monitor 2 HDMI port started picking up interference due to our trusted power supply company loadshedding. Sent it away for repair 3 years ago at a cost of R8k. 3 years later it happened again... this time after having add HDMI voltage surge protectors. Now the agents are wanting R10k. This seems to be a real common weakness with AVR equipment as it operates on 5V pulses. They are not made to manage Eskom's break in power supply.

I am not sure that throwing money at a problem that will recur is the solution. So instead.. I would like to check if anyone has managed to split an HDMI cable to TV (ARC) and Projector successfully?

I know it can be split at the source with a 1 to 2 splitter, but then you loose the AVR on screen display return info.
I have also learnt that HDMI via fibre optic cable is a solution to minimize interference over longer distances, but this does not solve my HDMI port split issue.

Thanks