Advice on active audio

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CK

Reaction score
HI,

I'm looking for an audio setup for my living room with a R20k max R30k budget, my living room is open plan and the dimensions is 10m x 10m. The main goal is to stream Apple Music from my phone, and maybe connect it to my TV via HDMI. I'm not looking for a solution that has surround sound speakers. A 2.0 or 2.1 system will do fine. I have googled a bit and it seem active speakers will more likely fit in my budget as an entry level amp alone can easily be R20k. I need advice as there is a bewildering array of options to choose from. I do enjoy good quality sound, but I'm not an audiophile. I really enjoy punchy bass, and my choice in music is pop with some dance music. So I would lean a little bit more towards a system that has power over absolute clarity.

With regards to Apple Music streaming, I see if I select Hi-Res lossless(24-bit/192kHz) in Apple Music's settings, I get a message that says: "To play content in Hi-Res lossless at full resolution you will need an external digital-to-analog converter". What does this mean exactly, it seems the limitation is Bluetooth, and that is does not support lossless yet?

Last edited: