Would it work?

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, someone I know in England hung a piece about 3m x 2.3m on one wall of his room. It was the lightest version. It did make the room a bit dark.

He eventually substituted a Persian-style carpet which looked much better and had the same effect

it was not expensive. A local hardware shop sells 3 different products in 3m widths. The English fellow clamped the edge between two strips of wood and attached this to the wall

GREYMAN

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Find an online calculator and DIY or alternatively purchase one from a reputable company.

No point in trying to re-event the wheel and fill your room with a bunch of stuff that will for the most part not work or just cause further issues.

Keep in mind that carpets will not provide any diffusion, and they are horrible absorbers only affecting the higher end of the frequency spectrum.

KenMasters

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Take a look at moss walls, they function quite well as absorbers. I have some mounted in a circular frame as a functional feature above our round kitchen table and here's a pic of a more extensive installation a friend did in his living room:

Attachments

• Moss.jpg
    Moss.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 0

adie

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Take a look at moss walls, they function quite well as absorbers. I have some mounted in a circular frame as a functional feature above our round kitchen table and here's a pic of a more extensive installation a friend did in his living room:
That's lovely!