What was the last Film you watched?

legro

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Watched " Diva " again.

French, Art ( with the capital A), Jean Jacques Beineix ( the guy from Betty Blue ).

For this forum , ignore the photography, cinematography , acting, settings etc etc if you want. And focus on the NAGRA tape recorder and Nakamichi Dragon tape deck.

Still a wonderful movie with beautiful music.

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched "Nell" over the weekend, featuring Jodie Foster, Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson. Quite a different movie from the normal Liam Neeson stereotype, but it was nevertheless an entertaining way to spend two hours.

"Cut off from the modern world, Nell (Jodie Foster) is a wild child, who has lived her entire life with her mother in an isolated mountain cabin in North Carolina. When her mother dies, she is found by kindly Dr. Jerome Lovell (Liam Neeson), who is fascinated by Nell and the language she has developed. Lovell and the equally curious psychologist Dr. Paula Olsen (Natasha Richardson) eventually camp out near Nell's cabin, slowly introducing her to the larger world she's never known."

-F_D

DustinG

Reaction score
Watched the last Spiderman with my son, I must say, I quite enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing the older Spidermen and villains.

Roan

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Nobody watch Top Gun 2?

Leans alot on the fitst one but was enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnyP

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Out of interest, is it as much as a live action version of ‘Gay Times’ as the first one? Not sure I really want more homo-erotic tension in a movie!

KenMasters

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Out of interest, is it as much as a live action version of ‘Gay Times’ as the first one? Not sure I really want more homo-erotic tension in a movie!
There's a lot of ways in which the sequel echoes the original (if you're fuzzy on the details, it's worth watching the original again before going in to see this), including a scene that's a dead ringer for the volleyball scene - with the exception that Top Gun is no longer a boys club exclusively. I'm not a fan of the original and fully expected to come out of the sequel's screening unimpressed, but by the half-way point all cynicism was dispelled.

The sequel is a decided improvement on the first, it's still an unashamed gung-ho bravado fest, but that's part of the charm. Well worth watching if for nothing more than the visceral physicality of the in air action. It's all the more striking given the staid performances we're used to receiving from actors with nothing to react to but off screen cues and sock puppets.

FILV

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I watched Top Gun 2 on the last day of the Imax showing.
The actual story and movie was very well done. It didn't glorify Cruise to much, and they way they carried on the story, while paying homage to the original actors was spot on.

The footage and audio on Imax was awesome! The movie was filmed for Imax, with 6 Imax camera in each plane. The footage was grin inducing!
I easily would have watched it again on Imax.

WhoIsJOB

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Must say I thoroughly enjoyed Top Gun 2 as well.
Everything from the story to the flying was good.
Definitely going to add it to my collection when it releases on Blu-Ray or digital

DIYTinker

Reaction score
Last installment of Terminator. Very confusing plot. Or platkop viewer... any case, the soundtrack is great. Miss those boom boom movies that wakes up the neighbour's dogs.

Soundfox

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Cross_over: Watched Alpinist last night. Absolutely terrifying!!!
Watch a different character! Loved the movie...thanks

Also watched Prey. Got low ratings but I enjoyed it.