Vodacom uncapped LTE package bugger up

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Took out a 20 MBps uncapped package last week so that my Mom can watch Netflix here by us (no fibre where we are). From the get-go the router is only showing 3G, even though my router shows full 4G. Start talking to Vodacom online, we do the obligatory reboot, and eventually a series of speed tests. My current router shows average speed of 24 Mbps download. New router shows maximum of 11 Mbps. They do a SIM refresh their side, no difference. They tell me router must be faulty, I must take it back to shop and get it swapped.

Go back to shop I took package out at. Oh no, manager says, I can't swap, I must book it in.

I show her slip where it clearly shows I am still in the return period. No, she needs authorisation, she must book it in. Or to speed it up, I must go to their technical repair centre at Newmarket (-+ 20 kms away).

Eventually manage to make time today, off to Newmarket and the 'technical repair centre'. Fight way through traffic, walk into shop and...
The technician (note, singular) isn't in today.  :walled:

Multiple complaints have got me nowhere, so while the fight is ongoing, I have been trying to find alternate solutions so that my Mom can at least watch TV. I found a Hauwei B315S-22 spare (from previous Vodacom contract. It's 4G capable, like my current one. Place new SIM card inside - 'No Service'

Try put it into my other, current Hauwei router that I use in our cottage... - 'No service'

Am at wits' end. What can possibly be wrong? All routers were Vodacom contracts. Why is it that the new SIM card will not work in either of the other two routers? Any experts?

Latest posts