Vinyl - a mis experience in life?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithp

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I often become heartfelt with the thought i lost through storage an Ortofon cartridge if i remember correctly was marked MMC, long slim around 60degree was a combination of MM & MC topology, had a hollow sapphire cantilever with appropriate industrial diamond from the 90's era, an OEM device to Bang & Olufsen only.
To further compound this anguish i also inherited from the 90's Technics SLP3 some 'DJ deck' -this may not sound appealing to some Audiophiles in the esoteric realm, but to the newer generation just salvaging the direct-drive asynchronous motor with associated drive electronics+arm you could build your own wooden or cement cast 'box' -you need only drop in a RIAA EQ stage, maybe something like the iFi phono stage: https://ifi-audio.com/products/micro-iphono2/
Even a simple DIY circuit, plenty of circuits out there for free, class A, AB mosfet, valve etc to bring to life the magic of vinyl.

Nearly forgot this Ortofon cartridge ran not past 1.5gram max stylus weight (1.2~1.4nominal) think about that..

#magic analog!