Vintage Audio Kit - Members' Pics

HC1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
This Sansui 220 is just superb! Easy to see why we love our Vintage gear, this one also looks brand spanking new, not bad after 50 or so years!

-F_D
They surely dont make them like that anymore. Looks like Hashimoto transformers in there. Still sounds great.

HOTaljaard

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Pioneer SX-34Bs valve receiver
Ca. 1966
output of 2 x 17 watts

IMG20220709191137.jpg

Last edited:

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The brochure shows a "magic eye", yet the photo depicts a VU meter. Slight model change? Magic eyes do look Oh, so good, but only while they still emit a green glow :cool:

Nice little receiver though!

-F_D

charles

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
The Model is a SX34Bs. It has a tuning indicator meter.

The SX34 has a Magic eye tuning indicator.

HOTaljaard

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Very nice reciever. Stereo tuner is a nice touch for the era, and the Magic eye still looks strong. Well done (y)
Are the capacitors replaced?
no that has to be done. also the switches and knobs are scratchy. would love to have it restored.

HC1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
The Model is a SX34Bs. It has a tuning indicator meter.

The SX34 has a Magic eye tuning indicator.
Then the FM Stereo indicator on this one is actually a light bulb. i should have my eyes checked.🧐

HC1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
View from my office chair, my choice vintage.. The SAE strangely behaving itself for what must be a record 3 weeks, a proper record in the making, admittedly though only after having followed some key advice from Dewald, with thanks..!!..

View attachment 12748 View attachment 12749 View attachment 12750 View attachment 12751

View from my office chair, my choice vintage.. The SAE strangely behaving itself for what must be a record 3 weeks, a proper record in the making, admittedly though only after having followed some key advice from Dewald, with thanks..!!..

View attachment 12748 View attachment 12749 View attachment 12750 View attachment 12751
All I can say is that it looks spectacular. Are those PR99's ?
You would enjoy this video:

marcochezzi

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
All I can say is that it looks spectacular. Are those PR99's ?
You would enjoy this video:

Thank you HC1, that video was super, back in the day where LED's where just making a breakthrough..

The RTS's are a heavily modified Revox B77 and on the right a bone stock Revox C270, bone stock within reason considering I machined all the knobs out of aluminium as the originals were junk..

There are a few more downstairs, it's a little absurd, I know...

HC1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Thank you HC1, that video was super, back in the day where LED's where just making a breakthrough..

The RTS's are a heavily modified Revox B77 and on the right a bone stock Revox C270, bone stock within reason considering I machined all the knobs out of aluminium as the originals were junk..

There are a few more downstairs, it's a little absurd, I know...
Those are absolutely breathtaking. Do you have any A77s in the mix?

fdlsys

Vinylist, DIYer
Reaction score
I am always amused that they provide the specs for tuner range, sensitivity etc. As if the average buyer knows anything about that... Harmonic distortion is impressive for a valve unit though :)
The template-like spec sheets originate from the days when almost every user knew how to interpret them. You are confusing it with today's woke generation that starts a civil unrest on the mention of the words range or band. 😁

marcochezzi

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Those are absolutely breathtaking. Do you have any A77s in the mix?

Thank you HC1, nope no A77's, I have one B77 that is a project machine the progress of which had ground to a halt probably 3 years back... Apart from that my usual goto's downstairs, apologies about the picture quality, the Technics RS-1500 hails from 1976, still works perfectly, but I prefer the IEC Otari (early 80's) versus the NAB Technics..

The modified B77 on my previous post is a Mk2 1/4 track NAB, and soon to be converted to high speed 1/2 track IEC standards just as soon as I give the IEC boards a new lease on life.
IMG_9960.JPG
IMG_9962.JPG

Last edited:

HC1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Thank you HC1, nope no A77's, I have one B77 that is a project machine the progress of which had ground to a halt probably 3 years back... Apart from that my usual goto's downstairs, apologies about the picture quality, the Technics RS-1500 hails from 1976, still works perfectly, but I prefer the IEC Otary (early 80's) versus the NAB Technics..

The modified B77 on my previous post is a Mk2 1/4 track NAB, and soon to be converted to high speed 1/2 track IEC standards just as soon as I give the IEC boards a new lease on life.View attachment 12768 View attachment 12769
Wow. I'm dipping my toes in to this field a bit. I have a high speed A77. I'm still battling to find NAB hubs/adaptors. Your collection is just amazing.

marcochezzi

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. I'm dipping my toes in to this field a bit. I have a high speed A77. I'm still battling to find NAB hubs/adaptors. Your collection is just amazing.
Do you not have NAB adapters at all, what are you using currently?