Valve Audio Whisper

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockit

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
OK. So my Whisper was always going to be the piece of hifi gear that would go with to the desert island or grave anyway.
I haven't paid too much detailed attention to the forum lately and missed the news about the available upgrade. Once I became aware I booked mine in for the upgrade to the MC portion.
I have since received it back but have had very little time to give it a listen. I am glad I got a chance on Friday and spun about 10 hours worth of records trying it out.
I think the correct audiophile term for the upgraded unit is, WOW! (not the type associated with Flutter).
It sounds so very much better. The most noticeable change is the way the lower end is so very much more defined.
Mind blowingly good.
If you own one then do yourself, and all that may listen, a favour and get the upgrade (I went with the "mini" tubes option).
If you don't own one. Get one! It will convince anyone of the merits of records.
Can't wait to get more hours on it as I'm sure it's going to get even better and I'm sure I'll have more to comment on.
The best piece of hifi gear I own.
Thank you, Schalk!